Do you enjoy running activities for children and would like to see our museums at night? This is the challenge for you.
Help with our ever popular evening activities at the Royal Navy Submarine Museum. Help 'train' groups of scouts, Beavers, cubs, brownies and guides to become fully fledged submariners ready to be the newest crew members of HMS Alliance!
There are multiple evening you can get involved in, perhaps you just want to help on one night or maybe all of them- more details will be sent once you accept the challenge.
Working with small groups of cubs, beavers, scouts, rainbows, brownies and guides you will help support activities ran by the Engagement and Learning team:
- Guide groups around the museum's historic galleries to find clues to solve riddles
- Accompanying groups on board HMS Alliance to become the boat's newest crew members
- Lead drill practice and role play activities to bring HMS Alliance to life for the children
- Help set up and pack away the activities
- Be involved in evaluating the sessions
Why get involved?
- Gain experience of working alongside experienced Engagement and Learning staff
- Develop your own knowledge and skills of Museum Learning
- Develop your skills of working with children and young people
- Improve your excellent communication skills
- Have fun!
How to get involved?
Step 1: Log-In to DIVE or Sign Up!
Step 2: Accept the challenge
Step 3: Await an response from our team or alternatively email Daniel.Ball@nmrn.org.uk
- Event Stewarding
- Working with Children 0-5yrs
- Working with Children 6 - 12yrs
- Working with Young People
- Computers and Technology
- Creative and Arts
- Events and Programming
- Learning and Education
- Curatorial/Working with Museum Collection